We’re pleased to announce that £1,389.81 has been raised for various charities following employee and company contributions throughout 2023.
This monthly fundraising initiative is organised by employees, and includes a series of themed events to support causes chosen by a different employee each month. All funds raised are by employees which are kindly matched by the company.
Here are the local and national charities that we raised money for throughout the year and an overview of the amazing work that they do:
- January: CDG UK – a national charity supporting those affected by Congenital Disorders of Glycosylation (CDG).
- February: Children With Cancer UK – leading national children’s charity dedicated to fighting childhood cancer.
- March: Birmingham Children’s Hospital – a city centre-based children’s hospital which has a UK leading special paediatric centre, offering care to more than 90,000 children and young people every year.
- April: UK Thalassaemia Society – a national charity for all things thalassaemia with an over-riding aim to improve the lives of all those living with the condition.
- May: Cancer Research UK – the world’s largest independent cancer research organisation that funds and conducts life-saving research into various types of cancer.
- June: British Heart Foundation – funds research and provides information and support for people affected by heart and circulatory diseases.
- July: Teenage Cancer Trust – a UK cancer charity that provides care and support for young people with cancer.
- August: St Basils – works with young people aged 16-25 who are homeless or at risk of homelessness, helping almost 4,000 young people per year across the West Midlands region.
- September: MacMillian Cancer Support – provide services for people living with cancer at every stage of their cancer experience. They provide emotional, practical, physical, and financial support.
- October: Breast Cancer Now – a UK charity that funds and conducts research into breast cancer, and offers support and services for people affected by it.
- November: Alzheimer’s Research UK – the UK’s leading dementia research charity working to revolutionise the way we treat, diagnose and prevent dementia.
- December: Save the Children – helps children in the UK and around the world with education, food, medicine and other issues. The team wore Christmas jumpers this month who are pictured with this article.
The enthusiasm to raise money and the compassion shown for the work each charity by our employees really embodies our core values: by caring for the great work the charities do, working together as a team to support them, and enjoying the adventure with energy and fun.
Pictured: The Norton Insurance values
Mark Wilkinson, Managing Director at Norton Insurance Brokers, commented: “I’m proud that we have fostered a working environment where our employees are passionate about raising meaningful funds for charitable causes. I would like to thank all of our employees for the compassion and effort they have shown, and we’re looking forward to supporting more charities in 2024.”